Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not too bad

Temperature wise, it is not too bad here. I know it is not the same story elsewhere: just grin and bear it because it will eventually go away. Took a nice walk here at -20C! We will have snow permanently for another 3 to 4 months; it is all in the way you perceive it!! OK,we are well equipped to deal with it.
Before the holidays, I was working on a mokume gane for book covers. I finished the books yesterday.

La température n'est pas très froide ici;(c'est relatif). Je sais que de l'autre côté de l'Étang il fait très froid et que vous n'êtes pas habitués. Une chose certaine: ça va partir... J'ai pris une belle marche ce matin à -20C!!
Avant les vacances j'ai fait des mokume ganés pour fabriquer des couvercles de livres. Je les ai terminés hier!




On my workspace there were a few lumps of clay; and what do I automatically do when I am confronted with different colours of clay?...I make blends and quite often I will cut them out and play around with them.

Sur ma table de travail il restait quelques boules de pâte aux couleurs diverses. Pis, qu'est-ce que je fais quand j'ai des boules de couleurs devant moi? Je fais des fondus et je fais des découpes sans même y penser.



This time I decided I could go a little further and I wanted to see what would happen if I made a mosaic out of this sheet which lended itself well to the project. This is the result which needs a little more finishing in the back to make it a tile that can be hanged (hung?) properly.

Cette fois-ci j'ai décidé d'aller un petit peu plus loin et de faire une mosaique avec la plaque qui, me semble-t-il, se prêterait bien à ce genre d'intervention. Il me reste la finition en arrière pour en faire une plaque qui s'acrochera au mur... peut-être.



I am also learning how to play with this new camera of mine. The learning curve is high!!!
Je m'amuse avec un nouvel appareil photo; il me reste beaucoup de choses à apprendre!!

1 comment:

Debbie Bellibone Goodrow said...

The change in the piece from the first photo to the second is amazing. It doesn't look like a LOT of actual changing of the piece went into it, but boy, did it make a difference! I like it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails